Google Chrome, the web browser developed by Google is the fastest and the most preferred one by users throughout the world. Not only the fastest Google Chrome is also light as compared to other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Maxthon. While being user friendly and easy to use sometimes Google Chrome crashes on some PC’s with some error messages. The most common one being this one, ” The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).Click on OK to terminate the application.”
The first time I saw this error was in my College PC’s. Then I tried to find out solution to this. And here I got two of these. The first one worked for my college PC’s. But maybe it won’t work for you. If that’s the case then do give a try to the second one.
This post tells you How to fix ” The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)” error in Google Chrome ?
This error occurs on most of the PC’s which have any Symantec product installed such as Symantec Endpoint Protection etc. To fix this error there are two ways. Let’s discuss them below.
How to fix “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) error in Google Chrome ?
First Method to fix “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)” error in Google Chrome
- Locate Google Chrome shortcut on the desktop or in the start menu.
- Right Click on the shortcut and open Properties.
- Now go to the Shortcut tab and you’ll see a field named Target.
- Add the following attribute at the end of the Target Field after giving a space: –no-sandbox
- You are done. Now restart Chrome and you won’t see that error message again.
Note: Adding the –no-sandbox attribute will make chrome vulnerable. The Chrome Sandbox ensures that all the Chrome tabs behave separately without being affected by other tabs. Now after adding the –no-sandbox attribute if one of the tabs gets hanged up then others tabs will also get affected and maybe other tabs will also hang. If you face this problem then remove the –no-sandbox attribute and move to the second solution.
Second Method (as mentioned in Google Groups)
- First of all Backup your registry.
- Click on Start >> Run or press “Windows + R” on the keyboard.
- Now type in “regedit” and press Enter. This will open the registry editor.
- Browse to the following entry in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\SysPlant
- Find the subey Start and change it’s value to 4
- Reboot your PC and the error should not come up again.
If the first method does not works for you (which does in almost all the cases) then give a try to the second one.
I hope that the above mentioned steps would help you bring back the Chrome experience on your PCs or laptops. Do comment and let me know if you face any problems in following any of the methods above. Comments otherwise, suggestions and appreciation are also welcome. Happy Browsing 🙂
Latest posts by Ashwani Kumar Singh (see all)
- iBall announces iBall Slide Cuboid for 8990 INR only - Sep 20, 2016
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 vs Galaxy J7 (2016) - Jun 22, 2016
- Basic tips about Security of Your WordPress blog Site - Jun 1, 2016